ACTIVISM – MAKE MORE WITH MUCH LESS
ACTIVISM IS TAKING ACTION TO PROMOTE CHANGE
ACTIVISM MEANS TAKING ACTIONS TO ENCOURAGE, PROMOTE OR INDUCE SOCIAL, ECONOMICAL, POLITICAL, AND EVEN CULTURAL CHANGES.
1. AN ACTIVIST IS A PERSON WHO HAS AN ENHANCED PERCEPTION OF HIS OR HER PHYSICAL, SOCIAL, ECONOMICAL, POLITICAL, CULTURAL ENVIRONMENT.
Obey Giant – Eye Alert Cream
2. SOMEONE WHO FEELS TOUCHED AND MOVED BY ITS NECESSITIES AND PROBLEMS
3. SOMEONE WHO HAS THE DISPOSITION TO FIND SOLUTIONS AND CREATE BETTER POSSIBILITIES FOR WHAT HE OR SHE PERCEIVES AND LIVES
4. SOMEONE WHO IS COMMITTED TO ALIGN HIS OR HER INTENTIONS, THOUGHTS, WORDS AND ACTIONS TO PROMOTE THESE NECESSARY CHANGES.
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I remember, involve me and I learn.”
5. SOMEONE WHO IS DEDICATED TO SPEND TIME AND TO PUT EFFORTS NOT ONLY IN WORDS, BUT IN LEARNING AND TEACHING, IN ENGAGING OTHERS FOR THE CHANGE, THROUGH HIS OR HER ACTIONS AND EXAMPLES.
6. IN GENERAL ACTIVISTS EMBRACE CAUSES WITH WHICH THEY HAVE A PERSONAL AND STRONG CONNECTION.
You need to comprehend what is happening, you need to have the experience of the necessity, the problem, the prejudice, the lack.
You need to be moved and touched affectively by the cause you are defending.
THE BEST ACTVISTS ARE THOSE WHO HAVE LIVED AND SUFFERED THE PROBLEM AND THE WOUND, CRAWLING UNDER THEIR SKINS
7. ACTIVISM DOES NOT DEPEND ON THE MONEY YOU HAVE TO PUT ON IT
You can be a leader and/or an activist with 20 bucks in your pocket, because what matters is your involvement, your intention, your words, your actions, your example and your dedication.
If you have a lot of money and you are detached enough to donate it for a cause, you can be even considered a philanthropist, but it does not make of you an activist.
Being an activist is much wider.
8. ACTIVISM DOES NOT DEPEND ON YOUR FAME OR INFLUENCE EITHER
You can be unknown to many and still work incessantly for a cause and promote changes in your comunity.
Nowadays, with the world wide web, your efforts, your words, your actions can be spread with speed and dimension we could never imagine in the past.
Being famous and supporting or representing a cause, or being invited for a beneficent event due to your popularity makes of you a good intentioned sympathizer or even its advocate, and of course you can influence people positively, but it does not make of you an activist.
Being an activist is much deeper.
9. ACTIVISM IS NOT A WAY TO PROMOTE YOURSELF.
IF YOU EMBRACE A CAUSE FOR SELF PROMOTION OR TO BE ON THE NEWS, YOU CAN EVEN COVER SOME TABLOIDS, BUT IT DOES NOT MAKE OF YOU AN ACTIVIST.
YOUR POSTURE, YOUR ACTIONS SAY MUCH MORE.
On the opposite, real activism many times calls for abdication from your own necessities and interests for dedication and work to something that will not bring you a direct reward.
The reward, actually, is never personal; it is the satisfaction of witnessing and living the changes in your surroundings, the well being of the ones you care about.
It is a matter of love and inner sense of gratification.
10. ACTIVISM IS NOT A SOCIAL TREND TO BOOST YOUR CURRICULUM OR SOCIAL MEDIA PROFILE, TO HIGHLIGHT YOUR REPUTATION
Activism has always existed and countless men and women have walked this path with blisters on their feet, in anonymity, with absolutely no public recognition or social projection.
MOST OF THE TIME WE ARE JUST STANDING UPON THE SHOULDERS OF GIANTS AND GRATITUDE SHOULD BE THE WATCHWORD.
If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.
11. IN ACTIVISM THE MAIN GOAL IS TO PROMOTE CHANGES IDENTIFYING AND ENGAGING MULTIPLIERS.
You need to comprehend silences and touch hearts.
“It is easy to talk about, difficulf is to comprehend silences.
It is easy to walk side by side, difficult is to find yourself.
It is easy to kiss a face, difficult is to touch the heart.”
Consider this poem in the light of activism.
12. AN ACTIVIST IS A NATURAL LEADER WHO PROMOTES FREE THINKING, COLLABORATIVE WORK AND SUSTAINABILITY IN THE COMMUNITY HE OR SHE BELONGS
Lead from the back and let others believe they are in front.
Obey Giant – The purple shall govern
To a point that the definitions of leadership and activism become melted, fused, interchangeable.
LEADERSHIP IS NOT STATUS, IT IS NOT TITLE
LEADERSHIP IS ACTION AND EXAMPLE.
ACTIVISM IS NOT STATUS, IT IS NOT TITLE
ACTIVISM IS ACTION AND EXAMPLE.
Obey Giant – Fruits of our labour